- Arsenal – Manchester United 3-1
– I think Ralf Rangnick on his own will give Ole Gunnar Solskjær a new job.
That’s what Sky Sports football expert Tim Sherwood says. The statement comes after Arsenal’s 3-1 win over Manchester United on Saturday.
– That Rangnick does so badly in the club, shows how well Ole did with this group of players, says former Tottenham profile Sherwood.
🗣 “Ralf Rangnick single handedly is going to get Ole Gunnar Solskjaer another job by doing so bad at the football club, just shows how well Ole done.”
– Football Daily (@footballdaily) April 23, 2022
Rangnick himself was the first to stretch his hands in the air after the loss at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday.
He gives up fourth place, the last place that gives Champions League.
In England, there are several who say that the weak United results are a kind of redress for Solskjær. The Norwegian was of course most disappointed even that he did not win a trophy – and was fired.
At the same time, it sometimes swung very well under Solskjær, who was a favorite in the tabloid newspapers.
Experienced Rangnick was sold as a German rescuer. But many believe that it is worse in the club than in a long time.
About incoming Erik ten Hag, Sherwood says:
– I can not say that he is a correct appointment. But I think Manchester United should give him the opportunity to turn this around.
Solskjær has been linked with few clubs since he had to leave in November. He has recently been mentioned in the same breath as Burnley, who fired Sean Dyche in mid-April.
Former United player Rio Ferdinand is among those who believe the condition of the club is worse under Rangnick.
– First of all: Salute to Arsenal, he says to BT Sport.
– Manchester United had the opportunity to return to the match. They had chances, they had a penalty. But United did not smell blood. Big occasions like this they have to take. To be brutally honest, things have gotten worse under Rangnick.
– Manchester United has absolutely no chance to take fourth place.